Ford Kendiliğinden park, Themselves, Active Park Assist
2010 Lincoln MKT and MKS will park themselves with Active Park Assist
Ford has announced that it will take on Lexus with a new feature called Active Park Assist for its Lincoln brand. The new feature will be available in mid-2009 on the 2010 Lincoln MKS sedan and the new 7-seater Lincoln MKT Crossover that will make its debut at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show next month.
The Active Park Assist uses an ultrasonic-based sensing system and Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) to position the vehicle for parallel parking. It the calculates the optimal steering angle and quickly steers the vehicle into a parking spot.
Ford says that the EPAS technology also improves fuel-economy by 5 percent while enhancing steer performance with a traditional hydraulic powered-assisted steering systems. FoMoCo plans on introducing EPAS in nearly 90 percent of the Ford, Lincoln and Mercury lineup by 2012
Here’s how Active Park Assist works:
– The driver activates the system by pressing an instrument panel button, which activates the ultrasonic sensors to measure and identify a feasible parallel parking space.
– The system then prompts the driver to accept the system assistance to park.
– The steering system then takes over and steers the car into the parking space hands-free. The driver still shifts the transmission and operates the gas and brake pedals.
– A visual and/or audible driver interface advises the driver about the proximity of other cars, objects and people and provides instructions.
– While the steering is all done automatically, the driver remains responsible for safe parking and can interrupt the system by grasping the steering wheel.(egmcartech.com)
1 Ocak, 2009 tarihinde Araba, Automobile, Elektronik,electronic, Teknoloji,technology içinde yayınlandı ve Active, araba, assist, automobile, electronic, Elektronik, epas, ford, lincoln, Park, technology, teknoloji olarak etiketlendi. Kalıcı bağlantıyı yer imlerinize ekleyin. Yorum yapın.